- In May, John's tour through Germany finally takes place, after having been postponed again. We visit several concerts and, with the help of some members, start a big "advertisement campaign" with info sheets. Within a few weeks, the number of members almost triples – there are about 180 of them now. Among the "newcomers" are Gabi Kuß and Gaby Wind, who will once play a big part in the club. It is like it was with Jochen and Birgit – good friends at first, a few years later then (besides this…) energetic helpers on the staff!
- Mary Ledford from the USA accompanies us to some of the concerts; well, we are not the only ones who travel long distances for concerts!
- In early June, John participates in an International Environmental Symposium in Rio de Janeiro.
- Shortly after the tour, Doris, Heide and Gerhard quit working for "music and communication".
In October, the first "European John Denver Weekend" takes place – together with our colleagues from the Netherlands and Austria, we organize it in the Youth Hostel Nettetal. We have about 80 guests from all over Europe and lots and lots of fun.
- On December 8th, John makes a surprise appearance in the Austrian television show for "Licht ins Dunkel" (Light Into The Dark). This is an Austrian organization supporting handicapped people.