- Australia is 200 years old; John participates in the celebration in Sydney. Just for this occasion, he wrote a new song – "Sing Australia".
- "Foxfire" is nominated for a Golden Globe.
- And a film again: "Higher Ground" was actually planned to be the pilot film to a TV series, but this remains to be the only sequel. Later that year, the album of the same name is released, the first one on John's own Windstar label.
- Our newsletters become thicker and thicker!!
- The USA contribution to the "Rose of Montreux" is "The Sound of Christmas".
- John is in Europe in the Spring – unfortunately not in Germany – planned concerts don't come together, since, so our information, all halls that came into question were already booked...
- Jochen and Birgit write a report called "Hamburg on John Denver's trail" about the concert in Nimwegen. This is going to be a series with many sequels!
- In the Summer, "Super Channel" (which doesn't even exist anymore…) shows several John Denver Shows from the early 70s.
On August 12th, John and his second wife, Cassandra, get married in Aspen.
John makes headlines, when the Soviet Space Agency offers him a flight to their space station MIR – for 10 Mill. $… - and he shows to be interested. Several reasons keep him from translating his plans into action – one reason is the fact that Cassandra is pregnant!