- On January 29th, John performs at the Ski World Cup in Vail/Colorado. Among other things, he sings the National Anthem.
- It is going to be a quiet year – John dedicates himself to his family more than to his carrier...
- On April 20th, John has an accident with his little plane – Thank God, nothing happens to himself, but his beloved aircraft (a Waco bi-plane, built in 1931) is gone.
- The album "Will The Circle Be Unbroken II" from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is released. John sings "And So It Goes" on it.
- On May 18th, John and Cassandra's daughter, Jesse Belle, is born.